There’s a new exercise regime on the block and it’s nothing like the others. It’s called the PiYo workout. The name may sound a bit quirky until you know that it’s actually a combination of Pilates and Yoga! That’s right, PiYo gets to you the muscle-sculpting, core-strengthening benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga or that’s what the creators at Beachbody claim. But what’s interesting is that it brings the best of both the worlds Pilates and yoga right at your door!
Although the requirements for the workout are quite minimal – just a yoga mat and your basic hand towel, Beachbody has priced the workout DVDs at $72.80 for a one-time payment. As for the duration, the workouts range from 25 to 45 min with an average clock in of 30 min. The program is for 60 days with 6 days a week schedule.
So now that PiYo is not an alien term anymore, here’s why you need to try PiYo:
- It’s a low-impact workout that strengthens and sculpts the body and enhances flexibility.
- It comes combines the traditional goodness of yoga with the intensity of Pilates.
- It a complete fat burning and involves intense cardio thereby producing significant results.
- It doesn’t require much time, so 30 min a day and you’re done with your workout for that day
- A great option for those who want to avoid the meditation aspect of yoga.
- No additional requirements, just a mat would do!
So PiYo is a great option for those with a busy schedule but also for those who want to really sweat it out at home. The workouts focus mainly on upper, lower, sweat, drench and buns, along with strengthening. Also, what’s better than working out at home with a coach on T.V? So, trypiyo at your home now!